Not sure what most of you have heard. But here are the details. Last Monday, I tripped while practicing hurdles with Chey. I landed on the pinkie side of my left hand and my body came down on top of my hand, rolling over it like a rolling pin. I broke the last 3 fingers on my hand right at the middle knuckle and crushed the 3 lower knuckles. I go in for surgery tomorrow afternoon. They are hoping to be able to get them set with pins and wires, but may have to use plates and screws because there just isn't big enough bone to pin. Family and friends are taking good care of us, especially since I've been on lots of drugs for over a week now. And since mom and dad are having a fabulous time at Mari's house right now, Kristi is stepping in as mom and taking care of me after surgery for a few days.
Other than that, all is great here. Girls finished up track and loved every minute of it. Broc is in the middle of baseball and is a really great player. Only a few more weeks of school, although by the snow we got yesterday you wouldn't guess it. The kids are excited to start going to Tahoe. I think our first trip may have to wait a bit later into summer than normal.
Hpe everyone has a great week. We would appreciate everyone's prayers and thought for as speedy a recovery as possible. Thanks, love you all so much!!
Tami
PS: We have awesome pictures of my really messed up hand if you want to see. I'll email them to you, so we don't make those softies we have in the family pass out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment